New direction

All Things Gun Related
deadeer

New direction

Postby deadeer » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:04 am

I have never had eyes for the AR guns. Not so much the negative media hype, more the idea of blasting away a large number of rounds so quickly. That comes from being a handloader and enjoying single shot guns so much I guess.

I finally shot a few, and like the feel of them. Then found out you can get different calibers that can be used for hunting big game, such as deer. Now I have some interest!

I bought a stripped lower, and then waited for deals on the rest. Once I got them, I had bullseye69 assemble it for me. I waited for a good deal and found a complete upper assembly. I ordered a BCA 6.5 Grendel, 20" ss heavy barrel, with 15" handguard. She is a beauty!

I mounted an extra scope I had laying around. Its a 6x24x50 Weaver Classic Extreme. Kind of over kill, but will make for easy sight in at longer ranges.

It has a pretty cool looking flash hider. Its spiral cut, and has a wide open concept. So it has no real benefit, but does look cool.

Imageshell diesel station locator

rkittine

Re: New direction

Postby rkittine » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:49 am

Enjoy ........ You guys did a nice job.
Bob Kittine
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV

deadeer

Postby deadeer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm

I have since added a piece of accessory rail, adapter for sling stud and bipod, and a brass catcher. I put a couple rounds downrange so far. Looks promising. A trigger job is next, then will get more time behind it once the weather stabilizes.

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:44 am

Looking good Deadeer!!!
“Lifes hard,its even harder when your stupid.”―J Wayne
http://hunt-indiana.com/

deadeer

Postby deadeer » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:15 pm

They are already multiplying!

Top one is the 6.5 Grendel. Bottom one is new 223 Wylde. Threw some iron sights on it for fun, but have another forward offset mount like the top one for it.

Thanks again to bullseye69 for working his magic on the build to help me out. I highly recommend Jeff for any kind of gunsmithing needs you fellas have. Outstanding guy!

deadeer

Postby deadeer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:47 am

Boy, it didnt take long to keep the ball rolling. I ordered a 450bm upper now to compliment my already growing black family. Lol. Have seen the power, accuracy, and devastation this round delivers. More to come when I get to putting it on paper.

Return to “Firearms”