Hunting season coming......

If You Can Hunt it, We Want to Hear About it
bullseye-69

Re: Hunting season coming......

Postby bullseye-69 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 am

Squirrel season is in now here. And so it begins!!!
“Lifes hard,its even harder when your stupid.”―J Wayne
http://hunt-indiana.com/

Bill K

Postby Bill K » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Like my area. Cottontail rabbit is open, so taking a few as I hunt ground squirrels and other varmints. Also the Eurasion Dove is open year round, with no limit. Good eating also, live the other Dove are, in season. Bill K

Wyoming.260

Postby Wyoming.260 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Only a few days left, but with the weather forecast as it is , I am less excited... High eighties to mid nineties ain't my favorite elk hunting weather!!!!!!!

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:52 am

Dove season opens the 1st of Sept and goose opens the 9th of Sept.
Hoping the goose season this year is as good or better than last year.

Wyoming.260

Postby Wyoming.260 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Dang there were a lot of noisy squirrels in the woods this morning.............. and a few blue grouse too ! My hunting buddy saw a spike and a larger bull together, but could not get a clear shot. Season is just getting under way, so patience is the order of the day!!!!!

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Wyoming.260 wrote:Dang there were a lot of noisy squirrels in the woods this morning.............. and a few blue grouse too ! My hunting buddy saw a spike and a larger bull together, but could not get a clear shot. Season is just getting under way, so patience is the order of the day!!!!!

Good luck!!

Wyoming.260

Postby Wyoming.260 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 pm

bullseye-69 wrote:
Wyoming.260 wrote:Dang there were a lot of noisy squirrels in the woods this morning.............. and a few blue grouse too ! My hunting buddy saw a spike and a larger bull together, but could not get a clear shot. Season is just getting under way, so patience is the order of the day!!!!!

Good luck!!
This morning I hunted for a while, but I awoke late due to lack of motivation at the prospects of hunting in heat and smoke. I went and on the way as I got near my hunting area I seen two huge bulls crossing a mesa from the road. I got perked up then. I got to my area and checked the wind. I made my approach from a down wind position into a bedding area I am picking at. About 7:00 am I heard a dog or coyote or fox barking yapping away at something. This continued for some time and actually gave me more incentive to pay attention. At 7:45 I heard large hooves on the ground moving slowly towards me. The next few minutes I had a calf , a cow and 3 different bull moose walk within 25 yds. of me. The last and largest of the bulls walked a different trail and was about 20 ft. from me for a few minutes eyeballing me and making low guttural sounds only a large bull moose can make. Looking up at a large rutting moose gives little confidence in one's bow!!!!
After the moose moved off I moved out for the day. I really wish the weather would get cooler........

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:03 am

That had to be a little intense! What type of moose are in WY?

Bill K

Postby Bill K » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 am

bullseye-69 wrote:That had to be a little intense! What type of moose are in WY?

Believe WY has the shiras moose. But we will both find out, shortly. Bill K

Wyoming.260

Postby Wyoming.260 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:30 pm

They are Shiras moose, but when they wander right up to you they seem bigger then the "Smallest of Moose subspecies"!!!!!!!!!!!
For good measure , there are not many moose tags issued each year in the Bighorns , so they moose have little to no fear of humans............

Return to “General Hunting”