New direction

All Things Gun Related
deadeer

New direction

Postby deadeer » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:04 am

I have never had eyes for the AR guns. Not so much the negative media hype, more the idea of blasting away a large number of rounds so quickly. That comes from being a handloader and enjoying single shot guns so much I guess.

I finally shot a few, and like the feel of them. Then found out you can get different calibers that can be used for hunting big game, such as deer. Now I have some interest!

I bought a stripped lower, and then waited for deals on the rest. Once I got them, I had bullseye69 assemble it for me. I waited for a good deal and found a complete upper assembly. I ordered a BCA 6.5 Grendel, 20" ss heavy barrel, with 15" handguard. She is a beauty!

I mounted an extra scope I had laying around. Its a 6x24x50 Weaver Classic Extreme. Kind of over kill, but will make for easy sight in at longer ranges.

It has a pretty cool looking flash hider. Its spiral cut, and has a wide open concept. So it has no real benefit, but does look cool.

Imageshell diesel station locator

rkittine

Re: New direction

Postby rkittine » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:49 am

Enjoy ........ You guys did a nice job.
Bob Kittine
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV

deadeer

Postby deadeer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm

I have since added a piece of accessory rail, adapter for sling stud and bipod, and a brass catcher. I put a couple rounds downrange so far. Looks promising. A trigger job is next, then will get more time behind it once the weather stabilizes.

bullseye-69

Postby bullseye-69 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:44 am

Looking good Deadeer!!!
“Lifes hard,its even harder when your stupid.”―J Wayne
http://hunt-indiana.com/

Return to “Firearms”