After church visit to the prairie......

Blowing Up Little Furry Things
Wyoming.260

After church visit to the prairie......

Postby Wyoming.260 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 pm

This afternoon , I took off for some therapy via fresh air(hot wind actually) and sunshine ( 95 degrees with menacing clouds to the west). I drove south out of town to a Pd town on a large tract of State Land Trust Land. This place is usually shot up . I was a bit reserved at how the action would be. I also was not super confident I brought the right guns for the conditions. With a T storm building to the west there was a constantly varying breeze of 10 -30 mph. I park the truck and walked up out of the draw and begin looking for targets. To my joy the pd's were out and numerous. , with a lot of young of the year 2/3 grown ones to each mound it seemed. The first box of 50 shells produced about 30 hits, the next box of fifty was, well not nearly as efficient. As the ranges grew and the wind blew , the hit percentage dropped. I the packed up and stopped at another spot where the first shot produced a 125 yards head shot. Not bad for the 40 year old Marlin 25 and CCI SGB ammo. All shots were taken off hand or sitting with elbows on my knees. I did realize that my Keen sandals were not the best foot wear choice after some red ants came in one to visit and bite!!!!! After my last shot of the day, a clean miss with my trusty Glock, I headed back home relaxed and satisfied my rifle practice session was a success

bullseye-69

Re: After church visit to the prairie......

Postby bullseye-69 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 am

Sounds like a nice Sunday trip.
Yes those red ants are not a nice addition to any trip.
“Lifes hard,its even harder when your stupid.”―J Wayne
http://hunt-indiana.com/

WYO

Re: RE: Re: After church visit to the prairie......

Postby WYO » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:07 pm

bullseye-69 wrote:Sounds like a nice Sunday trip.
Yes those red ants are not a nice addition to any trip.

We sure are blessed here in Wyoming! Towns are getting more scarce to find due to irrigation around here however.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Return to “Varmint Hunting”