Rosebud News?

Blowing Up Little Furry Things
dungheap

Rosebud News?

Postby dungheap » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:57 pm

Does anyone have anything to relate concerning a recent trip to the Rosebud or that general area? It's been a while since I've been there, and likely won't be going back, but I'd sure like to see some stories about what's going on in that part of South Dakota. Had some incredible visits back in the early to mid-eighties, the last two, more recently were nothing short of pathetic.

bullseye-69

Re: Rosebud News?

Postby bullseye-69 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Havn't heard anything about that area.
Whats supposedly going on??
“Lifes hard,its even harder when your stupid.”―J Wayne
http://hunt-indiana.com/

dungheap

Postby dungheap » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 am

No idea what, if anything, is going on. Aside of declining PD population, increasing costs, and requirements to use tribal guides, etc., I just thought that someone could relate something about their trip, good or bad. For me, PD shooting is a pleasant memory, nothing more.

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

I used to shoot in Lemon for a few years which is directly north and a little west of Rosebud and they have seen some significant population declines over the years. I've heard several times the plague came through and I wouldn't doubt it. I remember shooting a town about 8 years ago and you couldn't keep up with the dogs. Went back a few years later and nothing. Like this 2-mile wide town was dead.

dungheap

Postby dungheap » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:59 am

There was a town like that just north of White River back in the early 80's -- dog mounds as far as the eye could see. Shot it two years in a row, and when we went back the third time there were only a handful of PDs to be seen, and absolutely no shooting. Poisoned. There were other similar towns in that general area that suffered the same fate. Last time out, a couple of years ago, there were lots of dogs seen on the rez, but we weren't about to pay the price demanded to shoot them.

Return to “Varmint Hunting”