ND PD Hunt on 8-27-2016

Blowing Up Little Furry Things
rkittine

Re: ND PD Hunt on 8-27-2016

Postby rkittine » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:41 am

I have never hunted Prairie Dogs, bud they do seem more abundant than Wood Chucks so I get the "burning out the barrel". It used to be that the farmers would welcome us to clear their land of the Wood Chucks, but then more and more people moved farther from New York City and into land that had been pretty rural. With the rapid price escalation of real estate many farms ended up filled with track houses or interspersed between stands of residential homes, so much of the open hunting or even shooting acreage disappeared. Add to that the ever increasing number of know nothing New York City hunters causing farmers to spray paint COW on the sides of their livestock, has turned off many a farmer.

My best friend and I had countless great days set up with Pistols and Rifles shooting the appropriate firearm from a leiserly bench from close in too 500 yards. Its been a long time since I enjoyed that.

Bob
Bob Kittine
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV

870slugger

Postby 870slugger » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:50 am

Yup like a mile wide and 7 miles long.
There on public land ( a waterfowl production area) leased by a rancher to graze livestock on.
The rancher can't poison them on the public land but often they set bait on the edge on private land
and it greatly impacts the town.
:cheers:
Hold my beer and watch this! :bonk:

SShooterZ

Postby SShooterZ » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 pm

Next trip we're going to visit 870slugger. A town that size is just BEGGIN' to be shot up. ;)

Return to “Varmint Hunting”